05 oktober 2011

Lied van de week : week 40 - 2011

Sorry with a song - Josh T. Pearson






Begin deze week liet Josh T. Pearson op Facebook weten dat hij een nieuwe single uit heeft. Sorry with a song komt uit het album Last of the country gentlemen, dat ik hier al eens helemaal bejubelde, en dat ik nog steeds het beste album vind dat ik dit jaar al hoorde. En dus mocht hij ook in deze categorie zeker niet ontbreken (al vind ik sommige andere nummers op de plaat eigenlijk nog beter). Maar toch... het is een pracht van een nummer hoor !


Je kan de plaat hier kopen.


Lyrics :


This time you asked where I rested my head last night

Last time you left I got my drunk ass whupped in a fight
My whole life’s been one cliched country unfinished line after line after line after line
It's been the curse of my crazy koo-kooed up clocks most all of my lifes time after time after time

From the start I told you of my dark colourful chequered past, ya had to ask and how I ruined the lives of those I loved without so much as a bass ackwards glance
And the long winding roads buried down and blacked out towards recovery
And how it took the great god Jehovah His self to re-uncover me

I said sometimes it’s better just not to ask
But your love stood strong and pressed hard-on through that

Maybe I should've lied but my two wrongs wouldn't a made it right.
And however pathetic it sounds upon it’s hearing it’s true I have been tried
and have tried, and god knows I’ve asked him why

So do you want me back or to back pack up all of my things
Maybe If I had not drank
All of my money behind the bars I just coulda bought you a ring
And from the last doin' time I got those walkin’ papers bailed up and outta your jail I’d barely been unpacked and that makes twice now in four to six months that I’ve had to ask your ass back

Sweetheart you just gotta let me know
Should I stay and if not, where the hell you reckon I oughta go?
I know it’s backass thinkin’ but please forgive what I do when I've been drinkin’ when I’m down and out so lost, lonesome and alone

You know I ain’t the letter writin’ kind print or type but then back when we started this romancingly stoned little adventure bitch I done told your ass now twice
And I know, that I know, that I know, no one knows more that than I, that I was wrong and still I can barely say I’m sorry with the fuckin’ song

And If you don’t want it that I should stay, just say
I’ll understand your needs either way, come what may

I know it's all my fault and the bloody marriage to the deep alco-hole
I know it’s sad to say but right now these shots keep me sane, sober and alive

I love you more humanly possible than mere earthly words could describe and if I tried even in the heavenly tongues it’s purity mere language would still simply just pervert

And what little I am able to know of love I know that it hurts, it’s sick, it’s sick, it’s sick
It’s a sickness unto death and it’s a hell and at it’s best well hell there just ain’t nothin’ worse

I ain’t strung out or playing games stringin that lovely sass along and I’ve tried and I’ve tried and I’ve tried to explain myself, my sins, my heart, and my oh so very wrongs

Believe me babe it ain’t you hell knows why I do the dumb shit I do-do or think but dammit, heaven knows my heart It has been tried and has tried and god knows I’ve asked him why

And I know it don’t make it right singin’ a simple lullaby
But please accept my humble song.

It ain’t got shit to do with you and by god that’s god’s honest truth
There’s more in a man than the liquor and the lust that can make him anything but strong

And your the guiding light for which I live and I have nothing else that I could give and so I sing to you my song
And no, it’s not an excuse when I confess my love to you
And say I'm sorry with a song.

And woman when you know that I’m still runnin’, but your love if it keeps on comin’
I’m bound to circle round, line up, staring straight back into you.

And I know it don't make it right singing a simple lullaby
But please accept my sorry with a song

Geen opmerkingen: